Consuelo, Macabebe, Pampanga



"Happiness comes in waves." - Unknown

Happy New Year!


Reminder:
Are you making your new year's resolutions this 2018 to "eat right", the neverending word "diet"? - whatever that means? My tip is to stop trying to overtake your entire diet in 1 day, it won't work...

Do you want a new place to explore this 2018? I have a place for you which runs at the edge of Pampanga, Philippines.

Do you want to know how I know it? Let's go!



It started with friends setting a swimming. We give places where there are beautiful seas. One is said in Bataan and one is in Aurora and the other is said "I know, in Consuelo".

I was curious, so when I was at home I am researching in internet if there was a nearby sea in Macabebe, there were few results but still not so clear to me.


I said to myself "Is it possible to have a sea in Macabebe?" and "Is there a way to Macabebe running or using a bike? So I tried to use GPS if there was a street view for that and there was a result, and it was there that I saw that Consuelo is a small barangay located next to Brgy. Malauli in Macabebe, Pampanga. When I saw it I quickly informed it to my Tito.

And that was it.



We set-up a biking exercise from Apalit to Consuelo, Macabebe which is 20kms. Almost 41kms back and forth.




The next day, we started pedaling around 5:00 am. The road is cool and clear as it is also the month of January.
There are many fishponds around because this is the main source of income of residents in Macabebe. When we are approaching the end of Brgy. Consuelo the air around the area and the beaches and mountain views have grown strongly. In this view you will not be tired even if you tramp.



We arrived at the end, I was amazed on what I saw, you can find here the mountains of Bataan, children and adults bathing here, tourists and bikers from different places. There are hired cottages, deep well and electricity. The locals call this place as "dagat" or "Consuelo Beach".




"Consuelo Beach" is not yet developed, nor is it white sand and crystal clear as the beaches we know but if you're a pretty tight budget and are looking for a new getaway you should go.








The ocean is linked to the Manila Bay by the South China Sea.




There are also 55 hectares of mangroves surrounding it that helps with shoreline protection this will also help to prevent erosion by stabilizing sediments with their tangled roots they also maintain water quality and clarity, filtering pollutants and trapping sediments originating from land. There are also a lot of migratory birds here, which means that the area is well-known and is also considered the ecotourism destination of Macabebe, Pampanga.




When we go back home I was carrying the fun, challenging and unusual beauty of Consuelo. Imagine, in 20 years I lived in Pampanga I am not ever think that it had a sea here, but now, I know that there is a sea hidden in it and it just requires people's attention so that it can be improved and developed.






As for security, there are guards or barangay tanods who are roving around for parked vehicles and troublemakers around the area.

*one of my tip is not to make any harm or unnecessary actions to make the area safer.







It is a great route for runners bikers, and also for photoshoots, video shoots and simple outings. Consuelo is open to the public at 6:00 am to 6:00 pm and as of now Consuelo has no entrace fee.



...and in the coming years, I and the locals of Macabebe expect and believe that the Consuelo Beach will be known throughout the country and will be one of the tourist destinations in Pampanga.




Here's the video of Consuelo from Macabebe Post | Macabebe Tourism Facebook page.



You?... Yes you... What do you plan this 2018? Share it with us! Comment down below.

Comments

  1. Hi Lo . Nice shot . Try to visit sta catalina san luis . There's a lot of fishpond here . If you want to see the true culture of campampangan come and visit here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts